Tuesday 12 October 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Landi and Michel Desurmont.
A Family Affair, directed by Jordi Bachs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1920 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Mario Landi
- Alice Childress: US playwright / actress (Wedding Band).
- Michel Desurmont: Tourcoing physician.
- Christy Ring: Irish hurler (Born 1920).
- Christopher Soames: Baron Soames English politician and diplomat Governor of Southern Rhodesia (d. 1987).
- Yu Gwan-sun: Korean independence leader (Born 1904).
- Construction begins on Holland Tunnel connecting New Jersey and New York City
- Cleveland Indians beat Brooklyn Dodgers, five games to two in 17th World Series.
- Polish–Soviet War: After the Polish army captures Tarnopol, Dubno, Minsk, and Dryssa, the ceasefire is enforced.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Margie - Gene Rodemich & His Orchestra
- The Swan - Pablo Casals
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - John Steel
- Kismet - Isham Jones & His Orchestra