Tuesday 14 July 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Kyle and Gogea Mitu.
The Land of the Lost, directed by Arthur Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 14 July 1914
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 14 July 1914. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1914 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Billy Kyle
- Gogea Mitu
- Sidney George Gray: Company Secretary.
- John Dempsey: American finance accounting production manufacturer and CEO of Greif Brothers, a manufacturer of barrels, boxes and containers.
- Angelo Caimo: Italy sport Champion.
- 1st patent for liquid-fueled rocket design granted (Dr R Goddard)
- The Government of Ireland Amending Bill is passed by the House of Lords.
- Mexican Revolution: Victoriano Huerta resigns the presidency of Mexico and leaves for Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz.
- Count István Tisza makes a statement in the Hungarian chamber regarding relations with Serbia: ampquotThey must be cleared up.ampquot
- The Signal Corps of the United States Army is formed, giving definite status to its air service for the first time.
- The British Fleet at Spithead is reviewed by the King.
- Austria-Hungary ndash A press scare concerning an alleged ampquotGreater Serbiaampquot conspiracy occurs.
- King George V of the United Kingdom summons a conference to discuss the Irish Home Rule problem.