Sunday 5 July 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain de Boissieu and John Thomas Dunlop.
The Fatal Mallet, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1914 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Alain de Boissieu
- John Thomas Dunlop
- John Dunlop: American economist, industrial relations expert, administrator and labor scholar.
- de Boissieu: Chartres Military man.
- Jacob Soetendorp: Dutch rabbi.
- Gerda Gilboe: Danish actress and singer (d. 2009).
- Annie Fischer: Hungarian pianist and composer (d. 1995).
- Alain Boissieu: French general, Free French, Compagnon de la Libération, Army chief of staff (1971–1975) and son-in-law of general Charles de Gaulle.
- Germany offers Austria war aid to fight against Russia in Serbia
- Boston Braves are 15 games back in National League, and win the World Series.
- A council is held at Potsdam.