Thursday 23 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair Down and Nassos Daphnis.
The Murders in the Rue Morgue, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1914 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Alastair Down: CEO (Burmah Oil).
- Nassos Daphnis: Greek-American painter (d.2010).
- Virgil Finlay: American horror illustrator (Born 1914).
- Elly Schneider: German-American actress (d. 2004).
- Austria-Hungary issues an ultimatum to Serbia demanding Serbia to allow the Austrians to determine who assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Serbia will reject those demands and Austria will declare war on July 28.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet