Friday 31 July 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis de Funès and Raymond Aubrac.
A Florida Enchantment, directed by Sidney Drew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1914 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Louis de Funès: French actor and screenwriter (d. 1983).
- Raymond Aubrac: French army engineering officer, who became a leader of the French Resistance during the Second World War and a civil engineer after the Second World War.
- Josette Day: French film actress, best known for playing Belle, alongside Jean Marais, in Jean Cocteau's 1946 film "La Belle et la Bête" ("Beauty and the Beast").
- Mario Bava
- Jose Ignacio Domecq: Wine maker.
- Paul Christiansen: American conductor and composer (d. 1997).
- Louis De Funes: Courbevoie, France -- Actor (I Tartassati, Fantomas).
- Louis Funès: French film actor, comedian, interior decorator, pianist of Spanish origin, born near Paris, the day when Jean Jaurès was killed in Paris.
- Louis Funes: France Actor.
- Jean Jaures: French politician (d. 1859).
- German Emperor Wilhelm II threatens war, orders Russia to demobilize
- Oil discovered in Lake of Maracaibo
- The New York Stock Exchange closes its doors due to the war in Europe.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When It's Moonlight on the Alamo - Peerless Quartet
- Kitty McKay - Prince's Orchestra
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Lyric Quartet
- Gems from High Jinks - Victor Light Opera Co.