Thursday 30 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Béatrix Beck and Mario Bava.
The Face on the Barroom Floor, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1914 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Béatrix Beck
- Beatrix Beck: French educator and writer.
- Mario Bava: German film director, formerly a director of photography.
- Roger Koeffler: Strasbourg Journalist.
- Michael Morris: 3rd Baron Killanin Irish journalist and author 6th President of the International Olympic Committee (d. 1999).
- Austrian-Hungary and Russia proclaim general mobilization
- French troops withdraw 10 km from German border
- John French appointed British Supreme Commander
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When It's Moonlight on the Alamo - Peerless Quartet
- Kitty McKay - Prince's Orchestra
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Lyric Quartet
- Gems from High Jinks - Victor Light Opera Co.