Thursday 30 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beatrix Beck and Mario Bava.
The Patchwork Girl of Oz, directed by J. Farrell MacDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1914 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Beatrix Beck: French educator and writer.
- Mario Bava: German film director, formerly a director of photography.
- Roger Koeffler: Strasbourg Journalist.
- Michael Morris: 3rd Baron Killanin Irish journalist and author 6th President of the International Olympic Committee (d. 1999).
- Austrian-Hungary and Russia proclaim general mobilization
- French troops withdraw 10 km from German border
- John French appointed British Supreme Commander
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?