Monday 20 July 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ersilio Tonini and William John Phillips.
The Patchwork Girl of Oz, directed by J. Farrell MacDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1914 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Ersilio Tonini: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest, Monsignor, and spiritual advisor to Pope John Paul II.
- William John Phillips: Actor (Nothing but a Man).
- Dobri Dobrev: Bulgarian philanthropist.
- Charilaos Florakis: Greek politician, long-time General Secretary of the Communist Party of Greece (Born 1914).
- Leo van Gheluwe: Composer, dies at 76.
- Armed resistance against British rule begins in Ulster
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet