Monday 20 July 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William John Phillips and Ersilio Tonini.
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1914 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- William John Phillips: Actor (Nothing but a Man).
- Ersilio Tonini: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest, Monsignor, and spiritual advisor to Pope John Paul II.
- Dobri Dobrev: Bulgarian philanthropist.
- Charilaos Florakis: Greek politician, long-time General Secretary of the Communist Party of Greece (Born 1914).
- Leo van Gheluwe: Composer, dies at 76.
- Armed resistance against British rule begins in Ulster
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?