Saturday 15 May 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Audiard and Carlo Coccioli.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1920 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Michel Audiard: French screenwriter, director, and novelist, he wrote the dialogue and scenarios for more than 50 films, including "Love and the Frenchwoman and" "Inspector Maigret.
- Carlo Coccioli: Italian translator of ancient languages and an expert in theology.
- Hugh Henry Home Popham: Aviator / writer / poet.
- Nasrallah Sfeir: Lebanese patriarch.
- Louis Siminovitch: Canadian biologist and academic.
- Russian Revolution: Russian White soldier Maria Bochkareva is executed in Soviet Russia.
- Canonization of Joan of Arc. Over 30,000 people attend the ceremony in Rome, including 140 descendants of Joan of Arc's family. Pope Benedict XV presides over the rite, for which the interior of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome is richly decorated.
- A referendum in Switzerland is favorable to joining the League of Nations.
- French and Belgian troops leave the cities they have occupied in Germany.
- The first flight of Dutch air company KLM, from Amsterdam to London, takes place.