Wednesday 4 June 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 4, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laudec (cartoonist) and Alain De Greef.
Living in a Big Way, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1947 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Laudec (cartoonist)
- Alain De Greef: French former program director of the private TV channel Canal Plus, known for having created "Les Guignols de l'Info" (satirical program).
- John Dykstra: Scientist.
- John Bailey: American actor and screenwriter (d. 1994).
- Viktor Klima: Austrian businessman and politician 25th Chancellor of Austria.
- Ashok Saraf: Indian actor.
- Louisiana Lady closes at Century Theater NYC after 4 performances
- House of Reps approves Taft-Hartley act