Saturday 14 June 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vanessa Harwood and Jean-Claude Robert (politician).
Heartaches, directed by Basil Wrangell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1947 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Vanessa Harwood: British dancer who danced in guest performances in the U.S.
- Jean-Claude Robert (politician)
- Kat Martin: American author.
- Barry Melton: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Country Joe and the Fish and The Dinosaurs).
- Jerrold Nadler: Politician.
- Paul Rudolph: Canadian singer guitarist and cyclist (Pink Fairies The Deviants and Hawkwind).
- Hiroshi Miyauchi: Japanese actor.
- Roger Liddle: Baron Liddle English politician.