Friday 16 January 1920US date format: 1/16/1920, UK date format: 16/1/1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elliot Reid New York City and Alberto Crespo.
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1920 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Elliot Reid New York City: New York; actor (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes).
- Alberto Crespo: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1991).
- Elliott Reid: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Reginald De Koven: American music critic and operetta composer (Born 1859).
- 18th Amendment, prohibition, becomes the law of the land - one year after ratification; it is repealed in 1933.
- Georgia declares independence.
- The League of Nations holds its first council meeting in Paris.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra