Friday 16 July 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anwar Hussain and Anatole Broyard.
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1920 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Anwar Hussain: Pakistani cricketer (d. 2002).
- Anatole Broyard: American literary critic and essayist (d. 1990).
- 15th Davis Cup: USA beats Australasia in Auckland (5-0)
- China joins the League of Nations
- Gen Amos Fries appointed 1st US army chemical warfare chief
- Ruth sets season home run record with 30 en route to 54.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That Old Irish Mother of Mine - Charles Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?