Monday 18 October 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amédée and Serge Groussard.
Just Pals, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1920 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Amédée: French trappist monk of Tibhirine, one of the two survivors with Brother Bruno, he was a childhood educator and had a very good knowledge of Islam.
- Serge Groussard: France Writer.
- Clarence Hill: Short Hills Military man.
- Melina Mercouri: Greek actress singer and politician 9th Greek Minister of Culture (d. 1994).
- Thousands of unemployed demonstrate in London 50 are injured.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - John Steel
- Kismet - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Margie - Gene Rodemich & His Orchestra
- The Swan - Pablo Casals
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?