Wednesday 19 June 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 19, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney and Shirley Muldowney.
Gaslight, directed by Thorold Dickinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1940 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney: Drag racer (1st woman Top Fuel Champ).
- Shirley Muldowney: American race car driver.
- Paul Shane: English actor and singer (d. 2013).
- Maurice Jaubert: French musician, a leading film composer of the 1930s.
- Brenda Starr, 1st cartoon strip by a woman, appears in Chicago
- German 7th Armour division under General Major Rommel occupies Cherbourg