Wednesday 19 June 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney and Shirley Muldowney.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1940 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney: Drag racer (1st woman Top Fuel Champ).
- Shirley Muldowney: American race car driver.
- Paul Shane: English actor and singer (d. 2013).
- Maurice Jaubert: French musician, a leading film composer of the 1930s.
- Brenda Starr, 1st cartoon strip by a woman, appears in Chicago
- German 7th Armour division under General Major Rommel occupies Cherbourg
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?