Thursday 20 June 1940US date format: 6/20/1940, UK date format: 20/6/1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Duriez and Eugen Drewermann.
Gaslight, directed by Thorold Dickinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1940 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Marcel Duriez: French field and track star, 110m...
- Eugen Drewermann: German priest and theologian.
- Bernard Plasait
- William Avery: American CEO of Crown Cork & Seal,...
- John Mahoney: Manchester, England -- Actor (Fraiser,...
- Charles Rothenberg: American infamous arsonist, convicted in...
- Mark Savan: American broadcaster, a disk jockey and...
- Jehan Alain: French musician, an organist and...
- Joe Louis TKOs Arturo Godoy in 8 for heavyweight boxing title