Saturday 29 June 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louise S Groenman and Viacheslav Artyomov.
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Kitty Foyle by Christopher Morle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1940 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Louise S Groenman: Dutch MP (D66).
- Viacheslav Artyomov: Composer.
- John Dawes: Welsh rugby player and coach.
- Vyacheslav Artyomov: Russian composer.
- Paul Klee: Swiss teacher and artist, one of the most original artists of his time.
- Anjer (Carnation) Day-anniversary of Prince Bernhard
- Batman Comics, mobsters rubbed out a circus highwire team known as the Flying Graysons, leaving their son Dick (Robin) an orphan
- US passes Alien Registration Act requiring Aliens to register.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?