Saturday 29 June 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louise S Groenman and Viacheslav Artyomov.
The Sea Hawk, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1940 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Louise S Groenman: Dutch MP (D66).
- Viacheslav Artyomov: Composer.
- John Dawes: Welsh rugby player and coach.
- Vyacheslav Artyomov: Russian composer.
- Paul Klee: Swiss teacher and artist, one of the most original artists of his time.
- Anjer (Carnation) Day-anniversary of Prince Bernhard
- Batman Comics, mobsters rubbed out a circus highwire team known as the Flying Graysons, leaving their son Dick (Robin) an orphan
- US passes Alien Registration Act requiring Aliens to register.