Monday 1 March 1920US date format: 3/1/1920, UK date format: 1/3/1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Grant and Howard Nemerov.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by John S. Robertson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1920 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Howard Nemerov: United States -- 3rd US poet laureate / Novelist (Blue Swallows).
- Alfred Grant: Goodman composer.
- Harry Caray: baseball announcer (Chicago Cubs).
- Yvan Quenin: France sport Champion.
- Max Bentley: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1920).
- Buriat ASSR, in RSFSR, constituted
- Austria becomes a kingdom again, under Admiral Horthy.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Gave Her That - Al Jolson
- Poor Little Butterfly is a Fly Gal Now - All-Star Trio
- William Tell Overture - Columbia Orchestra