Tuesday 1 July 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 1, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Édouard Landrain and Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1930 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Édouard Landrain
- Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada
- Bobby Day: American singer (d. 1990).
- Orlando Llenzo: Military Puerto Rican, the second to reach the rank of Major General (two-star general) in the United States Air Force.
- Thomas Sowell: Economist.
- Carol Chomsky: American linguist, wife of Noam Chomsky (d. 2008).
- Moustapha Akkad: Syrian-American film producer and director (Born 1930).
- Andreas JAI Bruggeman: Dutch Mayor (Schipluiden / Leiderdorp).
- Great-Britain signs accord for Independence of Iraq