Tuesday 8 July 1930US date format: 7/8/1930, UK date format: 8/7/1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antoine Bourseiller and Valeri Aleksandrovich Yazdovsky.
Dixiana, directed by Luther Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1930 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Antoine Bourseiller: French comedian and stage director, he married the actress Chantal Darget (a daughter: Marie Sara) and had another daughter, Rosalie, with Agnès Varda, Belgian film director.
- Valeri Aleksandrovich Yazdovsky: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Frank Slay: American songwriter, A&R director, record producer, and record label owner.
- Jerry Vale: American singer and actor (d. 2014).
- Sir Joseph Ward: 17th Prime Minister of New Zealand (Born 1856).