Tuesday 8 July 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Valeri Aleksandrovich Yazdovsky and Antoine Bourseiller.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while The Woman of Andros by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1930 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Valeri Aleksandrovich Yazdovsky: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Antoine Bourseiller: French comedian and stage director, he married the actress Chantal Darget (a daughter: Marie Sara) and had another daughter, Rosalie, with Agnès Varda, Belgian film director.
- Frank Slay: American songwriter, A&R director, record producer, and record label owner.
- Jerry Vale: American singer and actor (d. 2014).
- Sir Joseph Ward: 17th Prime Minister of New Zealand (Born 1856).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?