Sunday 13 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Chavet and Mohamed Tarmoul.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1930 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Andre Chavet: France sport Champion.
- Mohamed Tarmoul: France sport Champion.
- Sam Greenlee: American author and poet (d. 2014).
- Naomi Shemer: Israeli singer and song-writer (Born 1930).
- 1st-ever soccer World Cup competition began in Uruguay
- Sarnoff reports in New York Times TV would be a theater in every home
- The first FIFA World Cup starts: Lucien Laurent scores the first goal, for France against Mexico.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?