Wednesday 23 July 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Terré and Pierre Vidal-Naquet.
Sweet Kitty Bellairs, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1930 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- François Terré
- Pierre Vidal-Naquet: French historian, a specialist in the study of Ancient Greece.
- Jeremy Lloyd: Writer.
- Jean-Pierre Desgeorges: French company executive, head of industrial group Alstom from 1981 to 1991.
- Roger Hassenforder: French racing cyclist, who competed professionally from 1952 to 1965.
- Earthquake strikes Ariano Italy, 1,500 killed