Wednesday 23 July 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Desgeorges and Roger Hassenforder.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1930 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Jean-Pierre Desgeorges: French company executive, head of industrial group Alstom from 1981 to 1991.
- Roger Hassenforder: French racing cyclist, who competed professionally from 1952 to 1965.
- Pierre Vidal-Naquet: French historian, a specialist in the study of Ancient Greece.
- Earthquake strikes Ariano Italy, 1,500 killed
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?