Monday 28 July 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Roba and Darryl Hickman in Hollywood.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1930 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Jean Roba: Belgian author and illustrator (d. 2006).
- Darryl Hickman in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Human Comedy, Tea and Sympathy).
- Junior Kimbrough: American blues guitarist and vocalist (d. 1998).
- Ramsey Muir Withers: Canadian military figure.
- Colette Duval: French female sports parachutist/skydiver, fashion model, actress and author of the book 'S'en fout la mort' (don't care about death).
- Firoza Begum: Bangladeshi singer (d. 2014).
- Kimbrough: American singer and guitarist (d. 1998).
- Ramsey Withers: Canadian general (d. 2014).
- 114 degrees F (46 degrees C), Greensburg, Kentucky (state record high).
- Uruguay beats Argentina 4–2 in the first association football World Cup Final.
- New York station W2XBS is put in charge of NBC broadcast engineers.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?