Monday 28 July 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Roba and Junior Kimbrough.
Sweethearts on Parade, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1930 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Jean Roba: Belgian author and illustrator (d. 2006).
- Junior Kimbrough: American blues guitarist and vocalist (d. 1998).
- Ramsey Muir Withers: Canadian military figure.
- Colette Duval: French female sports parachutist/skydiver, fashion model, actress and author of the book 'S'en fout la mort' (don't care about death).
- Darryl Hickman in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Human Comedy, Tea and Sympathy).
- Kimbrough: American singer and guitarist (d. 1998).
- Ramsey Withers: Canadian general (d. 2014).
- Firoza Begum: Bangladeshi singer (d. 2014).
- 114 degrees F (46 degrees C), Greensburg, Kentucky (state record high).
- Uruguay beats Argentina 4–2 in the first association football World Cup Final.
- New York station W2XBS is put in charge of NBC broadcast engineers.