Monday 3 August 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Slabbinck and Stillborn Duncan.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1914 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Rick Slabbinck: Flemish painter.
- Stillborn Duncan: French child, the third born to dancer Isadora Duncan, each with a different father.
- 1st seaworthy ship through Panama Canal
- Belgium rejects demand to allow free crossing for German army
- French fleet sails to North-Africa
- German battle cruiser Goeben leaves Messina
- World Alliance for Promoting International Friendship through Churches forms
- Yankee catcher Nunamaker throws out 3 would be stealers in 1 inning
- Germany invades Belgium and declares war on France; France declares war on Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ave Maria - John McCormack
- Puppchen - Prince's Orchestra