Friday 21 August 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles D'Anfreville de Jurquet de La Salle and Dallas Pratt.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1914 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Dallas Pratt: Collector.
- Charles D'Anfreville de Jurquet de La Salle: French military aviator, who served in the Second World War and in the Indochina campaign from 1947 to 1949.
- Rene Mouchotte: France sport Champion.
- Pierre Benoit: Bordeaux physician.
- Doug Wright: English cricketer and coach (d. 1998).
- 20th US Golf Open: Walter Hagen shoots a 290 at Midlothian Country Club - Illinois
- Belgium: German troops occupy Tamines
- French offensive in the Ardennen / Sambre
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody