Sunday 16 August 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Rand and Tullio Pandolfini.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1914 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Paul Rand: Designer.
- Tullio Pandolfini: Italy -- Water polo (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Juanita Coleman: American pro astrologer and writer in San Francisco, CA; who began her studies in 1934.
- Beatrice De Regniers: American writer of children's picture books.
- German army occupies last fort at Luik, Belgian general Leman caught
- Zapata and Pancho Villa over run Mexico
- World War I: Battle of Cer begins.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When It's Night Time Down in Burghandy - George MacFarlane
- Off with the Old Love, On with the New - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell