Tuesday 3 August 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Karnilova and P D James.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1920 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Maria Karnilova: Hartford, Connecticut -- Actress (Olga-Ivan the Terrible).
- P D James: Mystery writer (Cover Her Face).
- Phyllis D "P D" James: English thriller writer (Innocent Blood).
- Elmar Tampold: Estonian-born Canadian architect.
- Max Fatchen: Australian journalist and author (d. 2012).
- P James: English crime writer. She rose to fame for her series of detective novels starring policeman and poet Adam Dalgliesh.
- Charlie Shavers: American trumpet player and composer (d. 1971)
- Elmar Tampõld: Estonian-Canadian architect (d. 2013)
- Irish War of Independence: Catholics riot in Belfast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?