Saturday 21 August 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Robin Milne and Christopher Milne.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1920 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Christopher Robin Milne: inspiration for the Winnie-the-Pooh stories (d. 1996).
- Christopher Milne: American noted family, the son of A.A Milne, the creator of "Winnie The Pooh.
- 3rd PGA Championship: Jock Hutchison at Flossmoor Country Club - Flossmoor, Illinois
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz