Sunday 29 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Parker and Jean-Louis Jaubert.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1920 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Charlie Parker: Known as "Yardbird" and "Bird", was an American jazz saxophonist and composer.
- Jean-Louis Jaubert: French musician and singer, member of the group Compagnons de la Chanson, founded in 1944 in Lyon.
- Charles White: Perth Amboy, New Jersey -- Actor (Airpot 95, Serpico).
- Susan Damante Shaw: London, England -- Actress (Wilderness Family).
- Charlie "Bird": Parker famous African-American jazzman.
- Les Trimble: Musician, the first resident composer with the New York Philharmonic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?