Sunday 29 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles White and Susan Damante Shaw.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1920 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Charles White: Perth Amboy, New Jersey -- Actor (Airpot 95, Serpico).
- Susan Damante Shaw: London, England -- Actress (Wilderness Family).
- Charlie "Bird": Parker famous African-American jazzman.
- Jean-Louis Jaubert: French musician and singer, member of the group Compagnons de la Chanson, founded in 1944 in Lyon.
- Charlie Parker: Known as "Yardbird" and "Bird", was an American jazz saxophonist and composer.
- Les Trimble: Musician, the first resident composer with the New York Philharmonic. Trimble studied composition with Darius Milhaud. He died December 1986 in New York, New York.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris
- Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?