Sunday 29 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Parker and Jean-Louis Jaubert.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1920 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Charlie Parker: Known as "Yardbird" and "Bird", was an American jazz saxophonist and composer.
- Jean-Louis Jaubert: French musician and singer, member of the group Compagnons de la Chanson, founded in 1944 in Lyon.
- Charles White: Perth Amboy, New Jersey -- Actor (Airpot 95, Serpico).
- Susan Damante Shaw: London, England -- Actress (Wilderness Family).
- Charlie "Bird": Parker famous African-American jazzman.
- Les Trimble: Musician, the first resident composer with the New York Philharmonic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris