Wednesday 25 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Gaskin and Jef Diederen.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Leonard Gaskin
- Jef Diederen: Dutch painter.
- Paul Puaux: French arts festival director; he was director of the Festival d'Avignon from 1971 to 1979.
- 1st US woman to win in Olympics (Ethelda Bleibtrey)
- Polish-Soviet War: Battle of Warsaw, which began on August 13, ends. The Red Army is defeated.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris