Thursday 10 July 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Krivine and Pyotr Ilyich Klimuk.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 10 July 1941 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Alain Krivine: French politician, a leader of the Trotskyist movement in France.
- Pyotr Ilyich Klimuk: Poland -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 13, 18B, 30).
- Robert Pine in Scarsdale: New York, USA; actor (Joe Getraer - CHiPs).
- David G Hartwell: American editor and anthologist.
- Jake Eberts: Canadian film producer (d. 2012).
- David Hartwell: American anthologist author and critic (d. 2016).
- Robert Pine: American actor and director.
- Ian Whitcomb: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (You Turn Me On).
- In Black Moshannon Park, Pennsylvania, USA, a meteorite falls to the ground without causing harm or damage.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?