Saturday 19 July 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vikki Carr and Charles Villeneuve.
Charley's Aunt, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1941 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Vikki Carr: American singer and actress.
- Charles Villeneuve
- Bernard Nayral
- Jerry Huckaby: (Rep-D-Louisiana, 1977- ).
- Neelie Smit-Kroes: Dutch politician (VVD) / Minister of Traffic.
- Martha Reeves: Musician.
- Neelie Kroes: Dutch politician and diplomat European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society.
- Natalya Bessmertnova in Moscow: Russia; dancer (Bolshoi, Lenin Prize 1970).
- Bill Delahunt: Politician.
- Jennifer Dunn: (Rep-R-Washington).
- 1st US Army flying school for black cadets dedicated (Tuskegee Ala)
- President Franklin Roosevelt appoints FEP Committee.
- First US Army flying school for black cadets is dedicted (Tuskegee, Alabama).
- British Prime Minister Winston Churchill launches his "V for Victory" campaign.