Saturday 19 July 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Dunn and Jerry Huckaby.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1941 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Jennifer Dunn: (Rep-R-Washington).
- Jerry Huckaby: (Rep-D-Louisiana, 1977- ).
- Neelie Smit-Kroes: Dutch politician (VVD) / Minister of Traffic.
- Natalya Bessmertnova in Moscow: Russia; dancer (Bolshoi, Lenin Prize 1970).
- Vikki Carr: American singer and actress.
- Neelie Kroes: Dutch politician and diplomat European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- 1st US Army flying school for black cadets dedicated (Tuskegee Ala)
- President Franklin Roosevelt appoints FEP Committee.
- First US Army flying school for black cadets is dedicted (Tuskegee, Alabama).
- British Prime Minister Winston Churchill launches his "V for Victory" campaign.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?