Friday 14 June 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Efrikian and Zubaida Tharwat.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1940 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Laura Efrikian
- Zubaida Tharwat
- Jack Bannon in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Art - Lou Grant, Trauma Center).
- John Mizelle: Composer.
- Laura Ephrikian: Italian opera singer and movie actress.
- Ben Davidson in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Rhino - Ball Four, Code R).
- Jack Bannon: American actor.
- Ben Davidson: American football player and actor (d. 2012).
- Francesco Guccini: Italian singer-songwriter, considered one of the most important Cantautori.
- Bill Baker: (Rep-R-California).
- German forces occupied Paris during WWII
- Auschwitz concentration camp opens (3 million killed there)
- German U-47 sinks airship Balmoral
- A group of 728 Polish political prisoners from Tarnow become the first residents of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
- The Soviet Union presents an ultimatum to Lithuania resulting in Lithuanian loss of independence.