Monday 29 June 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Willesee and Carl O Simonton.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1942 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Mike Willesee: Australian journalist and TV host, the inaugural producer-host of "Willesee at Seven," a current affairs program for the Seven Network, 1976-1981.
- Carl O Simonton
- Bas J van der Vlies: Dutch MP (SGP).
- Larry Snyder: Jockey.
- Rupert Sheldrake: Scientist.
- Charlotte Bingham: English author and screenwriter.
- Paul Lorieau: Canadian optician and singer (d. 2013).
- Carl Simonton: American physician in the field of oncology, specializing in radiation and the medical director of Cancer Counseling and Research Center in Ft.
- Jim Kolbe: Politician.
- Paul Troje: German lawyer and politician Mayor of Marburg (d. 1942).
- WWII: The German Eleventh Army under Erich von Manstein takes Sevastopol, although fighting rages until July 9.