Thursday 20 May 1920US date format: 5/20/1920, UK date format: 20/5/1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 20, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Driver and Owen Smith.
Tit for Tat, directed by Charley Rogers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1920 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Betty Driver: English actress and singer (d. 2011).
- William Simpson: British trade union leader.
- Owen Smith: American pole vaulter.
- Virginia Vale: American film actress who starred in a number of B-movie Westerns but took a variety of other roles as well, notably in Blonde Comet (1941), in which she played a race car driver.
- Jacques Corriol: Vincennes physician.
- John Cruickshank: Scottish lieutenant and banker Victoria Cross recipient.
- Montreal, Quebec radio station XWA broadcasts the first regularly scheduled radio programming in North America.
- Mexican Revolution: Venustiano Carranza arrives in San Antonio Tlaxcalantongo. Troops of Rodolfo Herrero attack him at night and shoot him.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All the Boys Love Mary - Eddie Cantor
- Sorry I Ain't Got It - Bert Williams
- John McCormack - Your Eyes Have Told Me So