Thursday 27 May 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 27, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Crawshay and Michael Webster.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1920 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- William Crawshay: Lord-Lieutenant of Gwent.
- Michael Webster: CEO (DRG).
- James Marangé: French trade unionist, who served as Permanent Secretary of the National Union of Teachers (SNI), then Secretary General of the Federation of National Education (FEN) from 1967 to 1974.
- Tatar ASSR is established in Russian SFSR.
- Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk becomes president of Czechoslovakia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Afghanistan
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Ted Lewis & His Band
- That Wonderful Kid from Madrid - Al Jolson
- I'll See You In C-U-B-A - Billy Murray