Monday May 24, 1920
US date format: 5/24/1920, UK date format: 24/5/1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Robert Lynen .
Breathing, directed by Karl Markovics, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 24, 1920?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
- Venustiano Carranza is buried in Mexico City all of his mourning allies are arrested. Adolfo de la Huerta is elected provisional president.
- Robert Lynen: French actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 24, 1920?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - I'll See You In C-U-B-A
- Al Jolson - That Wonderful Kid from Madrid
- Ted Lewis & His Band - When My Baby Smiles at Me
- Prince's Orchestra - Afghanistan