Monday 24 May 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Lynen .
Tit for Tat, directed by Charley Rogers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1920 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Venustiano Carranza is buried in Mexico City all of his mourning allies are arrested. Adolfo de la Huerta is elected provisional president.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Afghanistan - Prince's Orchestra
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Ted Lewis & His Band
- That Wonderful Kid from Madrid - Al Jolson
- I'll See You In C-U-B-A - Billy Murray