Monday 2 June 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Watts and Stacy Keach.
Billy the Kid, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1941 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Charlie Watts: Drummer.
- Stacy Keach: American actor noted for a number of TV series and movies, including the 1982 TV mini-series, "The Blue and the Gray," which centered around America's Civil War.
- David Sumberg: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Alain Cayzac: French advertising agent who was the president of the Paris Saint-Germain Football Club between June 2006 and April 2008.
- Ünal Aysal: Turkish businessman.
- William Guest: American singer-songwriter and producer (Gladys Knight & the Pips) (d. 2015).
- Susan Hart: American actress and producer.
- Lou Nanne: Canadian-American ice hockey player and manager.
- Jeff Winkless: American voice actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Oda Mayumi: Tokyo, Japan -- Resident artist (Green Gulch Zen Center).
- William Guest in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; singer (Gladys Knight Show).
- Stacy Keach in Savannah: Georgia, USA; actor (Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer).
- Lou Gehrig: 1st baseman (New York Yankee), dies at 37 of ALS in Riverdale, New York.
- World War II: German paratoopers murder Greek civilians in the village of Kondomari.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?