Wednesday 24 March 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Nelson [Berg] and René Acht.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1920 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Gene Nelson [Berg]: Seattle, Washington -- Actor (Tea For 2, Oklahoma).
- René Acht: swiss artist, painter, sculptor and art teacher.
- René Andrieu: French Communist Resistance fighter, journalist and politician.
- René Andréeu: Beauregard Journalist.
- Bill Irwin: Canadian skier and soldier (d. 2013).
- Carlo Monti: Italian sprinter
- Gene Nelson: Actor / dancer (SOB, Purple Hills, Starlift), dies at 76
- Mary Stolz: American author (d. 2006)
- 1st US coast guard air station established (Morehead City NC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?