Saturday 27 March 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Conner and Tex Moncrief.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1920 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Tex Moncrief: American businessman in the oil and gas sector.
- William Conner: American soldier lawyer and judge (d. 2009).
- Richard Hayman: American harmonica player conductor and composer (d. 2014).
- Robin Jacques: British children's book illustrator (Born 1920).
- Wallace McIntosh: Scottish lieutenant and pilot (d. 2007).
- Colin Rowe: English-American historian theorist and academic (d. 1999).
- Joe Tuminelli: American baseball player (d. 1980).
- Johan G Danser Dutch poet (Meetings): dies at age 26.
- Film stars Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks wed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dardanella - Prince's Dance Orchestra
- When the Moon Shines on the Moonshine - Bert Williams
- I Might Be Your Once-in-a-While - Olive Kline
- When It Comes To Lovin' the Girls, I'm Way Ahead of The Times - Eddie Cantor