Tuesday 2 November 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fabio Gonzalez-Zuleta and Lewis Charles.
L'innamorata, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1920 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Fabio Gonzalez-Zuleta: Composer.
- Lewis Charles: New York City; actor (Feather and Father Gang).
- Bill Mazer: Ukrainian-American journalist and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Warren G Harding elected President.
- KDKA (Pittsburgh) goes on the air as first commercial radio station.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whispering - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I'm in Heaven When I'm in My Mother's Arms - William Robyn
- A Young Man's Fancy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?