Wednesday 7 August 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 7, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Luc Dehaene and Francesco Cardella.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1940 ?
- Jean-Luc Dehaene: French-Belgian lawyer and politician 63rd Prime Minister of Belgium (d. 2014).
- Francesco Cardella: Italian manager of Saman, a community for the rehab of drug addicts, which he took over with Chicca Rostagno after her husband and founder, Mauro Rostagno, was assassinated by unknown persons on 9/26/1988.
- Marlyn Mason in San Fernando: California, USA; actress (Making It, Peyton Place).
- Tom Barlow: (Rep-D-Kentucky).
- Jean Dehaene: Belgian politician, named prime minister on 7th March 1992.
- Churchill recognizes De Gaulle government in exile
- Largest amount paid for a stamp (US$45,000 for 1-cent 1856 British Guiana).
- World War II: Alsace Lorraine is annexed by the Third Reich.