Monday 12 August 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Brunson and Alexander Yossifov.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1940 ?
- Alexander Yossifov: Composer.
- Michael Brunson: TV reporter / newscaster / actor (Never Say Die).
- Jacques Campagne: French homicide; killed his mistress 10/03/1985, Armentieres, France.
- Gary Hollis: American announcer for a classical music station, KMOZART for more than ten years, a TV and film actor and cruise ship entertainer.
- Eddie Barlow: South African cricketer and coach (d. 2005).
- Luftwaffe bombs British radar stations, loses 31 aircrafts
- Netherlands starts rationing textile
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?