Monday 26 August 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 26, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Milano and Michael Cockerell.
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1940 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Fred Milano: Rocker.
- Michael Cockerell: English journalist.
- Don LaFontaine: American voice actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Nik Turner: English singer-songwriter and saxophonist (Hawkwind Inner City Unit and Space Ritual).
- RKC soccer team forms in Waalwijk
- Chad becomes the first French colony to join the Allies under the administration of Felix Eboue, France's first black colonial governor.