Monday 15 December 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Davies and Austin Savage.
The Wolf Man, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1941 ?
- Geoffrey Davies: English actor (Doctor at Sea, Doctor on the Go).
- Austin Savage: Welsh hockey player.
- Tom Ammiano: American politician.
- Gas / electrical use restricted in Holland
- German submarine U-127 sinks
- North Africa: allied assault up Italians Gazala-posing
- USS Swordfish becomes first US submarine to sink a Japanese ship.
- Holocaust: German troops murder over 15,000 Jews at Drobitsky Yar, a ravine southeast of the city of Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- The American Federation of Labor adopts a no-strike policy in war industries.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?