Monday 15 December 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 15, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Auberger and Geoffrey Davies.
Ball of Fire, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1941 ?
- Philippe Auberger
- Ellen Willis: Writer.
- Geoffrey Davies: English actor (Doctor at Sea, Doctor on the Go).
- Austin Savage: Welsh hockey player.
- Tom Ammiano: American politician.
- Gas / electrical use restricted in Holland
- German submarine U-127 sinks
- North Africa: allied assault up Italians Gazala-posing
- USS Swordfish becomes first US submarine to sink a Japanese ship.
- Holocaust: German troops murder over 15,000 Jews at Drobitsky Yar, a ravine southeast of the city of Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- The American Federation of Labor adopts a no-strike policy in war industries.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra