Tuesday 2 December 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 2, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom McGuiness and Paul C W Chu in China physicist.
The Common Touch, directed by John Baxter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1941 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Tom McGuiness: rocker (McGuiness-Flint).
- Paul C W Chu in China physicist: superconductivity researcher.
- Mike England: Welsh footballer and manager.
- Naval Intelligence ceases bugging Japanese consul
- Yamamoto sends his fleet to Pearl Harbor
- Largest roller-skating rink (outside of New York City) opens in Peekskill, New York.
- Japanese Yamamoto sends his fleet to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- US Naval Intelligence ceases bugging Japanese consul.
- New York Giants name Mel Ott as player-manager, replacing Bill Terry.
- WWII ampndash Attack on Pearl Harbor: The code message quotClimb Mount Niitakaquot is transmitted to the Japanese task force, indicating that negotiations have broken down and that the attack is to be carried out according to plan.