Wednesday 10 December 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Michael Goetz and Tim Considine in Louisville.
The Wolf Man, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1941 ?
- Peter Michael Goetz: Actor (Jumping Jack Flash, King Kong Lives).
- Tim Considine in Louisville: Kentucky, USA; actor (Mike - My Three Sons).
- Tommy Rettig in Jackson Heights: New York, USA; actor (Jeff's Collie - Lassie).
- Chad Stuart: English singer (Chad and Jeremy).
- Sarina Mineo: American noted family, the sister of actor Sal Mineo, two years younger.
- Ken Campbell: English actor director and screenwriter (d. 2008)
- Fionnula Flanagan: Dublin, Ireland -- Actress (Rich Man Poor Man)
- Tommy Kirk: American actor and singer
- Tommy Rettig: Actor (Lassie) / computer programmer (Clipper), dies at 54
- Kyu Sakamoto: Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1985)
- Peter Sarstedt: Indian-English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Colin Kelly: American pilot (Born 1915).
- British battleship Prince of Wales sinks off Singapore
- Japanese troops landed on Northern Luzon in the Philippines
- Japanese forces capture Guam.
- World War II: Battle of the Philippines : Imperial Japanese forces under the command of General Masaharu Homma land on the Philippine mainland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?