Monday 25 October 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian MacGillivray .
L'innamorata, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1920 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Ian MacGillivray: Scottish professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Aberdeen College who was one of the champions of the Termination of Pregnancy Bill.
- After 74 days on Hunger Strike in Brixton Prison, England, the Sinn Fein Lord Mayor of Cork, Terence MacSwiney died.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?