Friday 1 October 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Matthau and David Herbert Donald.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1920 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Walter Matthau: American actor best known for his role as Oscar Madison in The Odd Couple and his frequent collaborations with Odd Couple star Jack Lemmon, as well as his role as Coach Buttermaker in the 1976 comedy The Bad News Bears.
- David Herbert Donald: Historian.
- Lonny Chapman Tulsa Oklahoma: USA; actor (Investigator, For the People).
- David Donald: American historian and author (d. 2009).
- Dutch law provides for an 8 hour working day
- Sir Percy Cox lands in Basra to assume his responsibilities as high commissioner in Iraq.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- When Night Descends - John McCormack