Friday 19 March 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Tardy and Jean-Luc Lagarde.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1920 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Jean-Luc Lagarde: Lyon 6?me Military man.
- Jean Tardy: Bourgoin-Jallieu Military man.
- Tige Andrews: American actor (Born 1920).
- Kjell Aukrust: Norwegian author poet and painter (d. 2002).
- Paul Hagen: Danish actor and singer (d. 2003).
- Laurent Noël: Canadian bishop.
- The United States Senate rejects the Treaty of Versailles for the second time (the first time was on November 19, 1919).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet