Friday 19 March 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Luc Lagarde and Jean Tardy.
The Idol Dancer, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1920 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Jean-Luc Lagarde: Lyon 6?me Military man.
- Jean Tardy: Bourgoin-Jallieu Military man.
- Tige Andrews: American actor (Born 1920).
- Kjell Aukrust: Norwegian author poet and painter (d. 2002).
- Paul Hagen: Danish actor and singer (d. 2003).
- Laurent Noël: Canadian bishop
- The United States Senate rejects the Treaty of Versailles for the second time (the first time was on November 19, 1919).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Bells of St Mary's - Frances Alda
- Wonderful Pal - George Meader
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?