Friday 12 March 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blaise Alexandre and Françoise D'Eaubonne.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by John S. Robertson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1920 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Blaise Alexandre: French army officer, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation) for his heroism.
- Françoise D'Eaubonne: French feminist, who introduced the term 'ecofeminism' (écologie-féminisme, éco-féminisme or écoféminisme) in 1974.
- Jean Reimbold: French political activist, a leading member of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- Serafino Biagioni: Italy sport Champion.
- Jules Traeger: Lyon 03?me physician.
- Ray Still: American oboe player and educator (d. 2014)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Gave Her That - Al Jolson
- Poor Little Butterfly is a Fly Gal Now - All-Star Trio
- William Tell Overture - Columbia Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?